The topics are designed for a processing time of 3 months. Special knowledge is not necessarily required. Further information can be obtained at the chair.
The topics are designed for a processing time of 9 months. Special knowledge is not necessarily required. Further information can be obtained at the chair.
- High efficiency next generation organic solar cells
- Novel nanostructured thermoelectric hybrid materials
- Smart nano-sensors made of stimuli-responsive polymers in solution and in thin films
- Silicon-Germanium based anode coatings for Lithium-ion batteries
- Perovskite Solar Cells for Space Applications
- Printed polymer-based thin film batteries
- Lightweight Organic Solar Cells as Alternative to Nuclear Batteries for Deep Space Power Generation
- Near-infrared Quantum Dot Solar Cells for Space Application
For a period of 2.5 to 3 years a payment by TV-L is offered, including all the usual benefits. The funding is project-based for the subjects offered. Previous experience in one of the following subjects are desirable: Polymer Physics, X-ray scattering, neutron scattering, AFM or optical microscopy. When interested a stay abroad is possible.
- Flexible Probenumgebungen für die Untersuchung weicherMaterie zur Implementierung an der ESS
- In situ investigations of electrode formation in organicsolar cells during advanced sputter deposition
- Topological spin configurations in spin-engineered interfaces of rare-earth based nanolayers and multilayers
We offer contracts on a time scale of 1 up to 3 years, depending on the topic of work. The remuneration will be according to the German rate TV-L. Applicants should have research experience in experimental scattering techniques using x-ray or synchrotron radiation. Knowledge in polymer physics will be of particular value.
Physics Department E13, TU Munich
In the term holidays and for a duration of 6 - 12 weeks we offer several students the possibility of paid practical work on one of our research projects, so as to get to know the daily routine in laboratories and to make their own experimental experiences.
For undergraduates we can offer practical work at international research centers such as
- Institut Laue-Langevin ILL (Grenoble)
- European Molecular Biology Laboratory (Außenstation Grenoble)
- European Synchrotron Radiation Facility ESRF (Grenoble)
- Mikrofocus-Strahl Experimente an der ESRF (Grenoble)
- Laboratoire Léon Brillouin LLB (Saclay, Paris)
- Werksstudent ESRF (Grenoble)
- Trainee HASYLAB (Hamburg)
in the areas solid state and bio physics with neutron and synchrotron radiation. Usually these practical work positions are financed for a duration of 2 to 3 months.